View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Drawing to second nut low

[ QUOTE ]
But raising? Buzz, could you give us mere mortals a blow by blow explaination of the reasoning. So that we could apply it to a our game.

[/ QUOTE ]Grandma_DOG - Tex expressed the idea better than I did. He wrote (see above):[ QUOTE ]
First of all, raise the flop. You have top pair which is likely good at the moment, a gutshot wheel draw, and a backdoor flush draw. Raising the flop gives you either information about your opponents hands, i.e., they'll three bet you when you're behind, or it gives you control of the hand the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]There's even more that could be said, including something about 2nd nut low draw, in my humble opinion, but what Tex wrote is enough. Mainly you either get information or gain control.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this recommendation apply to all 2nd nut low draws where you have the top pair and no paired or 2 flush?

[/ QUOTE ]Off the top of my head, no. It's on a case by case basis. Notice that Hero has the button in this hand, that SB has bet the flop, and that two intervening opponents have simply limped.

Buzz