Thread: GG BODOG GG
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: GG BODOG GG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been known to be a Bodog fanboy but it doesn't seem like just changing the domain name each time is the simple solution. If they got the original domain name it only seems probable they could get this one. Not to mention penalties from Google.

I don't think Bodog is going away but I think they will likely have to deal with this in some way shape or form more directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not actually true. This URL name was easily seized because it was registered by a US company. I assume Bodog used a foreign registrar for the newbodog.com URL.

Secondly this case has no merit as the US has no jurisdiction over companies in Antigua and the US has already been ruled against by the WTO. Simply put if the US does not respect the free trade rights of a soveriegn nation (Antigua), why should Antigua (or any country for that matter)respect U.S. patent law.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good in theory, but just not reality. If you've not noticed in the cases of neteller, sportingbet.com, wsex, and others.....the US can do just about whatever it wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but in this case to collect the US would need to capture Calvin, or send the stormtroopers into Costa Rica or Antigua. I doubt even this administration would be willing to do that.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I might believe that this was a ploy set up in conjunction with thee Feds in order to get one of the BODOG execs to set foot in US so that they could be arrested. It looks like this patent encompasses every sports betting website, so why pick on BODOG? (1) It has the most public profile, and the FEDS have a hard-on for Calvin. (2) No other offshore wass dumb enough to register their domain (or some other seizable asset) in the US.