Thread: Clinton-Obama
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Clinton-Obama

[ QUOTE ]
I was 5 years old when Bill Clinton took office, so this may just be youthful ignorance, but it seems to me like Hillary's main political accomplishment was to marry Bill. I doubt she would get elected to the senate without the limelight thrust upon her by Bill, one of the most likeable politicians of my admittidly short lifetime.

I guess my question is this, why is everyone so gung-ho over Hillary? Just a longing for Bill, or does she have some skills I don't know about. It seems the primary criticism of Obama is his inexperience, yet Clinton hasn't spent much time there either and seeminly has a free pass. Does being first lady really prepare you to be President?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a reasonable point that doesn't get made enough. Clinton has 'experience'? She has been a Senator for two whole years longer than Obama (during which time she showed such excellent judgment as voting for the Iraq war...)

I don't necessarily think it matters, as barring something unforeseen, the Dem Primary is the election sort of like the NBA Western Conference finals. All the plausible GOP candidates suck (and I mean as candidates, my opinions of their politics aside)

Romney is the one candidate who panders more transparently than HRC.

McCain is ancient, and I don't think that there are many people who really buy that our solution to foreign policy problems is to invade more countries and blow more things up. Plus caving on torture and pandering to the Dobsonites goes a long way towards removing the moral high ground he ran on in 2000.

Giulliani is uhmmm CRAZY, and I think having the FDNY savage him is probably fatal since his greatest claim is as the hero of 9/11, but the undisputed real heroes of 9/11 aren't having it.

Sam Brownback is both crazy and not smart.

Fred Thompson is not ready for prime time, which is ironic since he's on prime time.

Who the hell is Mike Huckabee?

And Ron Paul, while interesting, is the kind of guy for many that the more you learn about him, the less you actually like him. (E.G. he thinks that it was a mistake to fight the Civil War. GG black vote...)