View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Could Bodog have gotten a license ... Did they screw up ?

[ QUOTE ]
I would disagree. The U.S. government does not recognize the rights of Antigua, and have been ruled against by the WTO. There is no reason for BoDog to comply with this ruling. The US simply has no jurisdiction in this matter.

Worst case BoDog may never be able to regain the the ownership of bodog URL and have to make the newbodog.com perminant, but I see no way for the US to legally force payment of this money or lawsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

For about the 100th time today, you may be right, the US may have no jurisdiction over the matter. That's still an argument you have to show up in court and make ESPECIALLY in an instance where the US court plausibly has in rem jurisdiction over some of your property (which clearly happened here. I'm guessing that this is a miscalculation on the part of BoDog...)

And believe it or not, court's are not terribly adverse to finding that they lack jurisdiction to hear cases, especially a cluster-[censored] like this one would be sure to be if tried on the merits. But you have to tell the court WHY it has no jurisdiction. And, again showing up just for the purpose of contesting jurisdiction does not mean that you have submitted to the exercise of jurisdiction.