View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Low Limit-Limit Holdem vs Blackjack, which is better?

[ QUOTE ]

It's 6 deck, Stay on soft 17, Late Surrender, double any 2, resplit aces, double after split, 3-2 blackjack (free deck of cards if you're suited). You can play the whole table if you'd like. Zero floor pressure. Looked it up on wizard of odds and it says its about .35% with perfect basic strat.

[/ QUOTE ]

acutally, i think the house edge is only .26%...what you've described is the green/black chip shoe games one finds on the south end of the Las Vegas Strip (that is, games one finds at Bellagio, MGM Grand, Venetian, Mandalay Bay) i think you made a mistake when using the advantage calculator - probably you did not check resplit to 4 hands or resplit aces...

beating that game requires spreading at least $1-8 with one hand and leaving when the count drops below -1 true...i you play all spreading 1-12 is required, but 1-16 is preferable...with a $5 max bet limit you can't do that with one hand only...

you would have to go spread to more hands to get the equivalent of your 1-8 spread, but due to co-variation a 1 hand $1-8 spread is the equivalent of a 1 hand $1 to 2 hands of $6; thus the $5 limit is still a problem for you...

it seem you would need to go from 1 hand @ $1 one at true counts of less than 1, then spreading to 2 hand of $4 at TC of +2 then maybe 4 hands of $5 at TC of +3 or more....going from 1 hand to 4 hands is a big tell that you are counting...the house will know what you are up to but at that level they may tolerate it anyway...

the difficult thing will be to get the table all to yourself to allow you to play additional hands...people will always come to an table with a player at it rather than go to a empty table

another way is to back count and enter the game only when the count goes to TC+1 and flat bet $5 per hand...that way you always play with a slight edge...but then you will play only 25% or so of the hands dealt.

head to you local bookstore and buy books by Arnold Snyder or Stanford Wong...particularly, BlackBelt in Blackjack by Snyder is good.