View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the post. To answer your question...

[ QUOTE ]

I have a question. Let's say I'm in a pretty loose 10 handed live game and pick up 56 suited UTG. My stack size is about 200 BB. Say one of the loose players raises preflop provided and they have a deep stack as well (150+ BB). Assuming no other players re-raise preflop, would you advocate a limp-reraise here with this hand against this opponent? What if the opponent was a tighter player?

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to decide what the purpose of your reraise is. Are you doing it to get more money in the pot preflop for value? That's not such a good plan for a hand like 65s. Are you doing it for stealing purposes? That could be a good plan, depending on the tendencies of the players. If they're loose, do they tighten up to pf reraises? If so, you might be able to steal the preflop pot often enough to make it profitable. If they're loose with calling reraises, will they tighten up postflop? If so, you might be able to take the pot down on the flop with a c-bet often enough to make it profitable. Those are the kinds of questions you should ask yourself (remember REM and SPR baby!), and usually the best solution will become clear. It's all about planning your hand.

thanks,

Sunny