Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Republican Senator pleads guilty to lewd conduct in a men\'s room

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I shouldn't be able to use the public restroom without some creep peering at me and propositioning me for sex?

[/ QUOTE ]
It is your responsibility to deal with sex propositions (presumably a simple "don't [censored] touch me" would probably work against most sex-crazed senators). It is not my responsibility to pay for squads of officers whose job it is to keep people from propositioning you. How old are you, anyway?

The case of pedophilia is of course different -- we're not talking about consenting adults anymore. The act is by definition predatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use that reasoning anyone anywhere can be approached, rubbed on, peered at defecating and asked for sex in a confrontational manner simply trying to use a public facility. I think the phrase "hostile environment" is very applicable here. You, an individual, do not have a right to go around creating hostile environmnets for people. YOU are infringing on my rights then. If you grant me the right to beat your ass back, then, yeah, you can use me for titillation and proposition me while Im taking a [censored], until then, you should be subject to fines and/or jail. Criminal trespass charges should apply if you return to the area as well. And, fuckjob should register as a sex offender. Then if schoolkids come to his office building in DC, he would have to stay 100 yards away. Would be hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a big boy now. The government isn't your mommy, though it sounds like you want it to be. If someone is physically rubbing your body and demanding sex, SMASH HIM IN THE THROAT WITH YOU FIST. Communicating the desire for sex is a seperate issue from assault, which it is assumed that any reasonable adult will resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know where there's a place you can live where justice is meted out exactly like this. You only need to travel to, say, Kansas. Oh, and you need to go back in time about 150 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are still allowed to defend yourself against physical/sexual assault in this country. There is no need to defend yourself against nonverbal/noninvasive requests for unwanted sex -- a simple "no" will suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I want a peaceful public arena to piss and [censored] in. I don't want to have to smash him in the throat with my fist. What if Im a skinny little punk who cant defend himself and its OJ demanding a BJ? You sound like you want the world to be like the prison yard. You give up certain freedoms to live peacefully. Like meteing out justice yourself and doing whatever you damn well please to anyone. What if it was a unisex bathroom and it was a woman being propositioned? Should she pull out a gun and whack him? Pepper spray or mace wont work if he really wants it. His conduct is menacing and could/will lead to a potentially dangerous situation. The police take care of it so you don't start leaving a trail of bodies because you had a gay panic attack. I think the cop did a good job handling the situation.