View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: I thought this was supposed to be a good flop...

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of our preflop equity is a non-realizable one.
I prefer to have the pot unraised against this particular line-up.
Our folding equity post-flop is close to zero and the flop changes the hand values drastically.
If I took a guess we have an equity in the ranges of 30-40% which equals 0.1-0.3 SB. Pushing tiny equity edges against large fields OOP with hands that are extremely hard to play post-flop is IMO a losing proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thepre-flop equity is good enough to raise here. Firstly there's the (slim chance in a multi-way) chance you fold out the BB and get some dead money in the pot. OP managed to do this somehow.

Then there are the 2 loose guys limping in. You need to push your edge and make them pay to see the flop with their crappy cards.

The tight button is probably overlimping with somewhat speculative hands given his position on 2 loose players and multi-way action.

Given this, and the flop action, I would guess the button has limped with something like 44 or T9o and has connected well.

I imagine hero is behind, and even if he isn't has several overcards to dodge. This might be a close fold, although if the hero calls, I think the other 2 guys will provide a reasonable overlay to carry on. Turning a 9 however, further connects the board.

This is a close one for me.