View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she could also substitute dumbbell versions for all those exercises if she doesn't want to buy a bench and barbell (for space reasons or whatever)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, at the moment I am in a small 2 bedroom apartment with 2 roommates and not a ton of extra room. We will be buying a house soon where I can hopefully use more room for workout purposes, but until then, what lb dumbbells would you guys recommend? I am REALLY REALLY weak - but hopefully not for long. Do you guys have any particular brands you recommend or retailers that have especially good deals?

[/ QUOTE ]
FFK,
I've got the bowflex brand but I don't think you should have to spend that much on dumbbells. I noticed that they had several different brands for less at Target the other day and I'm sure they are fine. A medicine ball would be a good thing to pick up too. Throw those in with some fitness bands and you'll be able to do a ton of workouts in your spare bedroom. But there is no need to jump out and buy all these things at once - just pick up the one you think you'll use the most and go from there. Good luck!