View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: NL10, set oop, villain plays good, drawlike board

[ QUOTE ]

I put him on a flush (as "most likely") but didnīt have the disciplin to lay down the set. Quite embarassing, but thatīs what it was like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its fine as long as you learn from your mistakes. I for one know that I learn a lot better when it hurts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also make a note on how he maximized the value on the river. He thought you had a good hand and didn't just bet small like most people do. This is very powerful in NL5 (which I play) since so many people can't lay down the second best hand. If you think that your opponent will call at least 30% of the time you get a lot more value this way. Sine he has very little folding equity (people call with a lot) this is rarely a bluff since you showed strength in every street - which means you don't want to fold.

Also think positive, its very cheap to learn in these low limits. And rarely does anyone exploit our weaknesses as well as villain did in this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd also like to say that I like your reads, reading this forum it seems like many people play like zombies only stating PT records and so few actually take the time to study their opponents. Knowing how they play when they are weak makes a large difference IMO.