View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 AM

Default NIGHTMARE pokerstars client lockup

Sorry if this is well plowed ground... I couldn't find anything about it in the faq.

I was on pokerstars tonight, a while after it came back up following the outage, on a $1/$2 NL ring game. I rivered the mortal nuts, the pot was $70 or so, and another player raised allin like $190. I've been playing pokerstars very frequently for a year or so, usually in cheap tourneys or smaller ring games... anyway, I think that was the largest hand I had ever been in. Close to it anyway. For the first time ever, my client locked up, I couldn't call (or do anything). I could see the action, could see the interface award him the win for his trips (I had a FH) after it folded me for not responding.

PS doesn't have an 800 number, so I sent them an email. No response yet.

My question is, am I just screwed here? I am not one of the guys that blames the interface for his bad play, or long bad runs of luck. But I don't buy that after a year or so of nearly daily play, this happens at the exact instant I have the mortal nuts and am trying to call the biggest cash bet I've ever wanted to call.

On the other hand, it happened a little after 2AM EDT, so that is not long after PS came up following their big crash tonight. So maybe I should have just skipped the ring game.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just gutted. I play long and hard to get an opportunity like that, and it just sucks.

Advice, knowledge? This would be a real good time for the smartasses to take the night off...