View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Help me evaluate this business idea

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is a good idea. Having a bar with a back room that showed a movie (or two) every night would have all the advantages of a bar without many of the disadvantages the standalone theater would have. It would certainly be a lot more profitable. I would probably operate it like a club with a cover charge that included a drink or two. The back room could also be potentially used for live music. Wow, this is giving me a lot to think about. Free beer for life if I get this thing off the ground and you make it to Laos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a bar in Cuzco, Peru, that was like this (called "Uptown"). I thought it was pretty awesome

By day they set up a bunch of couches and chairs in a theatre like fashion, and drew a curtain across a smallish part of the bar to get a nice quaint theatre feel. They had an ok projector and sound system. At night they simply drew back the curtain and made everything bar/club like. They had free salsa lessons at like 8pm or something, then later in the night it was a regular club

It was pretty awesome walking in at lunch time, ordering a burger and chips, and picking my own movie to watch in the mini theatre