View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Blue Dragon any good?

[ QUOTE ]
ilya, you really might want to try the game before bashing it. I really can't even believe you just said the graphics look like they belong to an early XBox game. The graphics in Blue Dragon, while not my cup of tea stylistically, look beautiful, especially in HD. Very crisp and clean with some amazing animation sequences. Even stranger is that you bash the graphics in the same post you're recommending Wild Arms V as a replacement, a PS2 game with mediocre graphics even by PS2 standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's true that the graphics in Wild Arms are technically inferior to Blue Dragon's, but a PS2 game can't be held to the same technical standard AND it is superior aesthetically (i understand this is a matter of opinion, but it is also a more important consideration than the graphics' technical quality).

as for not bashing a game until i've tried it, well, i don't claim to have tried it, so i don't see the huge problem. we here in the video game forum are constantly expressing opinions about unreleased games that are based on no more than what i've based my opinion on, namely website, screenshots, trailers, interviews, etc....i have been gaming & reading about games for over 20 years and in my experience it is VERY rare for a game to seriously surpass the expectations created by the above. just like movies rarely live up to their trailers.

i'm a big 360 supporter but i'm confident that Blue Dragon will not go down in history as a classic or even a cult favorite. if i'm wrong, great! anoter good game for my favorite system.