View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: How not to get value

These are both bad. In the first hand, you know he doesn't have the nut, 2nd nut, or even 3rd nut flush, so he can't possibly have a hand he's calling a reraise with. However, there's a very good chance that he's making a move on you here and if you just call, you can rep a set, and he might continue to fire.

In hand 2, I don't like the flop raise at all as you're ahead of pretty much nothing that calls. I guess if you really think he'll call with AAxx, go for it, but if he's as good as you describe, he won't. By his flop call, I'm guessing he had TT and you hit a one-outer. If he does have TT or AA here and bet/called the flop, he's probably going to call down as long as you don't do anything suspicious that reps a huge hand. So don't make the stupid small bet and pot the river. I think either betting half pot on the turn and then betting just over half pot on the river or betting just less than half pot on the turn and betting half pot on river is correct depending on how tight he is.