View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Senator Larry Craig

ElD - I agree with you. Between Vitter, Gingrich, Livingstone and Craig it is horrible the level of hyprocrisy. Then of course there are all the people caught up in the Abramoff stuff last year and Duke Cunningham. Democrats are just as corrupt but there is something about claiming high and mighty status that pisses me off more when Republicans do it. This is coming from a conservative guy who was Republican staff on Capitol Hill until the last elections.

Chaos: LApokers is actually pretty accurate. Democrats like Al Gore for example oppose things like vouchers that would let middle class families send their children to local private schools while they send their kids to $30,000/year prep schools like St. Albans and Andover. I would say it is very hypocritical to give a speech to the teachers union opposing vouchers and saying the local public schools are good enough for middle class/blue collar families hours after writing a fat check to the prep school their child attends. DC has a highly succesful voucher program that most of the local Dems support because their public schools are terrible yet the national party leaders still refuse to budge.