View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: NFL Survivor Pool Running Into Playoffs - Rules Question

I appreciate the replies so far, although a little more feedback on the scenarios would be great. As I mentioned in the OP, I have seen a pool run like this before, and it was enjoyable for those involved. There has been discussion between a number of people who will be involved in this pool, and most prefer 3 strikes. The fact that it continues into the playoffs adds an extra strategic element in that you have to attempt to save some teams for the playoffs, and it also makes it less likely to have a tie, and most people want to see a winner if possible.

As far as the comment that there is no intelligent way to deal with the problems, I don't really understand that statement. By thinking it out beforehand and deciding on the best course of action, are we not taking an intelligent approach? The crux of the decision is how harshly a player should be penalized if they don't manage their pool well enough to have a team eligible to be picked. Since these rules will be spelled out beforehand I see no problem with running the pool in this fashion.

As I said, I do appreciate the feedback. Now that we have established that many wouldn't like to play by these rules, it would be great if some more people could weigh in on how they feel the rulings should go. Thanks.