View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a guy wearing Tommy Bahama shirt at the Commerce! Was he Persian?

[/ QUOTE ]Nah, he's your typical, non-denominational white guy. Big, but looks like he's lost weight since I last saw him a few months ago. I asked because he almost always wears a red button-down rayon-ish shirt with Tommy Bahama splashed across the back. Sometimes he wears a TB T-shirt underneath. Either he works for the company or is trying to get himself a poker nickname.

I've played with him before and he's very laggro preflop and has FPS postflop. He was basically raising with any two from any position if folded to him and the table was pretty much letting him run over them. I was two to his left and was isolating the hell out of him.

One hand I 3bet him with AQ or something. Flop was K-rags, turn was a rag. He check-raised and I folded. Other than that I think I won every pot when we were heads up. He was getting visibly upset by my 3-betting, but still kept folding to my flop bets--which is unfortunate because I kept flopping monsters.

Final hand he opened EP with K7s, I 3-bet with A7o. When he sat to my right I told myself that I was going to be very liberal with my 3-betting range against him, but I kept getting dealt great hands. This was only the second time I could really dig deep into the weak-cards-that-are-still-ahead-of-his-range well and 3-bet (Q7s also qualifies). Flop was K-rags, he c/c. Turn was an Ace, he c/c. River was a blank and he c/c again. Seeing that I 3-bet him with a lowly A7o and caught him on the turn was the final straw and he changed seats to the other side of the table. As he got up someone asked if he was leaving and he said, "No, changing seats. This guy is getting toooooo lucky."

Anyway, boring I guess, but I thought it was interesting that he folded almost every time to my flop continuation bet, and wondered if anyone knew who he was and if this was standard for him when played back at.