View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 10k posts: Agression factor, VPIP and YOU! How to relate the 3

[ QUOTE ]
Hey nice post.

In your examples, though, you gave the 40 VPIP fish an AF of 3, not a low score of like 0.8 - to get his AF to under 1 we have to change his actions to raise with pretty much only TPTK+. So if a 40/5/0.8 raises you, we're assuming he has TPTK+ then, right?

More importantly, though, raising comprises only a small portion of anyone's total betting I think. Most of this guy's AF probably comes from times he just stabs at a pot, or he calls the flop then bets turn/river when checked to. He might never raise.

Like, a TAG that gets an AF of 3 is probably just getting that from cbetting a lot and folding to resistance. It's probably not from getting constantly donked into and raising a wide range.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play around with the numebers a little bit, but yeah, I didn't really touch into betting vs raising. As far as AF is concerned the two actions are the same.

I'm sure that everyone has played with a player who constantly minraises to test you. Other players get their AF from constantly stabbing when checked to. That's all why AF is only part of the equation for getting a HUD based read.

You're right that a 45 vpip 0.8 AF isn't crazy. But I also wouldn't be laying down TPTK to him unless he was like 95% fold to continuation bet. In fact, I probably should have stressed even more that AF is pretty useless unless you know how often he's folding as well.