View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Boy, are we lucky! CP WPT Coverage

J.C. Gloves -- I never take the criticisms personally. Like I said, I think your comments are fair for these first few days. There are going to be some growing pains during this first tournament under the WPT/Card Player deal as we reporters deal with new admin systems and the hardworking tech guys in the background try to get everything to communicate properly.

Actually, there is one specific criticism I should address. When a post is sent to WorldPokerTour.com, it is automatically transferred to CardPlayer.com. Unfortunately, if we go back in to change a post (to fix an error, add more information, etc.), the change does NOT update to CardPlayer.com. Unless you're constantly hitting refresh, you never realize how often us field reporters go back and fix our mistakes in the first minute or so. Those corrections haven't made it to CardPlayer.com, but the computer programmers will hopefully have a fix for that soon.

I am very optimistic that the coverage will continually improve. The WPT staff is very committed to creating the best tournament reporting software possible, which is one of the reasons why I signed a season-long contract as their lead tournament reporter.

I don't want to get involved in the philosophical arguments about the various exclusive media deals in poker right now (WSOP/CardPlayer '06, WSOP/Bluff/PokerNews '05, WPT/CardPlayer '07), but my goal is, and always has been, to provide the best possible coverage I can, given the limitations of the medium. (And there are quite a few.)

Suggestions and constructive criticisms are always welcome. I'm planning to set up a dedicated email address (probably after this tourney) where people can send errors during the tournaments, so they can be corrected quickly. Stay tuned, and I promise it will get better.