Thread: crappy top two
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: crappy top two

Can vill not have 44 here in this spot? I think thats in his range too. And never say never. A set is definately in his range and as you said you don't have any reads. So never discount it. Then again the BTN has has two chances to raise with his hand on the flop. I think it would be hard for him to just smooth call with an overpair with you behind him, especially twice! At least it would be for me. I might be able to with a set though... Hmmmm.... From his perspective you might be playing your hand like an overpair too. I dunno. I get the feeling that you may be looking at and overpair sometimes and maybe 33 or 44 here a lot too. I don't know what else he could have really. A2 doesn't seem like in his range nor does 78. Seems pretty tight so I don't think he is calling raises with that unless you know otherwise. Same goes for 67.

I think it comes down to him playing this as an overpair sometime and a set too. You just have to weigh which is more likely and then decide if it is profitable to call.