View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Sat $500 - AA passive line on drawy board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean why is it particularly bad against this type of opponent? What I mean with that quote (fearing to play for my stack), is I didnt feel like shoving right then and there without seeing a turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you want him, or you, to see a turn card? which turn cards do you think will be particularly helpful in your decision to do whatever? are you checking a turn brick again and giving anything from a queen to something dumb like T9 *two* free cards? how about when the turn is a 9? what about when it's a queen, and he had KQ/QJ and was happily going to stack off until you slowplayed yourself out of a 60/40 for a monster pot?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that 80% time, better hand is calling and folding out a bluff. I know its a thin line to take being this passive, but I thought it would prove to be great against this type of opponent to double up.

Take this into account. This guy has been raising alot. He is the chip leader. Uber aggressive. If I check raise all in on the flop, do you think a bare King comes along for 40% of his stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be a good line of reasoning if the flop was 752.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's the opposite.

and given the smooth call pre i like this line, the turn card was the best you could hope for and check seems to be right. fold or call is pretty much based on a read, but if it's pot sized i would probably fold here.