View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Young kids buying large amount of rubbing alcohol/wtf are they up to?

I was at the convenience store near my house and 4 or 5 10-12 year-old kids carrying skateboards came up behind me and put three bottles of green-colored, "spearmint" rubbing alcohol (btw, rubbing alcohol comes in flavors now? news to me) on the counter.

They were not buying any other items, and were sort of speaking to each other in hushed tones that indicated they might be up to something. I looked at one of them and said, 'what are you doing with that? is it in case you guys get cuts from falling down skateboarding?' (a joke, and a mistake of one i realized a second later), the kid replies, 'YEP, it's in case we get cut.' LOL. 3 bottles? GTFOOH.

I asked if they were drinking it but honestly they didn't look like druggies and I don't think they were lying when they said 'no'.

Is my drug-user radar busted and they're making meth or something?

Also the Hispanic clerk asked me before he rang them up, "Alcohol, iss okay to sell them?" I couldn't put these kids on a hand so I didn't really see fit to interfere so I told him to go ahead and sell it. But wtf man.