View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Boy, are we lucky! CP WPT Coverage

My name is BJ Nemeth, and I a lead tournament reporter for the WPT live update team. A few quick points:

As part of the CP/WPT deal, the CP reporters work side-by-side with the WPT reporters. The content is originally posted on the WPT website, and then automatically fed to CP's system to post on their website. There is no stealing -- the content is effectively identical (by procedure) between the two sites.

There are quite a few technical issues being worked out as the two admin systems are modified to talk to each other. One problem in particular is some player names dropping out of posts as they transfer to CP, and we're assured that people are working on the problem (and we think we have a short-term fix).

The reporters (myself and others) are spending an unusual amount of time adjusting to admin problems. These problems should be resolved soon, and we can then focus our energies entirely on the reporting, and not on computer issues.

The criticisms are fair, and everyone is welcome to their opinions. I just wanted to give you a bit of insight into what's going on behind the scenes.

Back to work for me ...