View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: *ATTN Winstar Players*

[ QUOTE ]
You are concerned about rake while playing PL and NL games. Okay, fair enough but not so concerned that you weren't willing to pay the rake for BOTH players in Las Vegas! What is that all about anyway?

[ QUOTE ]
So last week playing HU 40/80 NL at Wynn I'm paying for both of us, $12/hr,

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no charge for the players card, period. You made that up or you did not understand the man who you spoke to. Taking time to make sure what you heard is what he said can be troublesome.

Of course, since you hate the room, it sounds much better to say something like it costs money to get a free card.

Since the $6 card issue is false, the rest of your posting is suspect as well, I won't waste time on it.

Since you have chosen to not return to WinStar, we can go ahead and have the party now.

Just pick up that bullet proof vest before going to your favorite underground room next time.

Dealer Guy

One player per hand, one dealer per table please!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to detail why I bothered to pay the time for me and my opponent in a 40/80 NL game. That's obvious to anyone who's opinion I might care about and it has nothing to do with this situation.

I assume you deal at Winstar. Good for you. My quarrell isn't with you. But I will address your closing remark, "one dealer to a table, one player to a hand". Yesterday I was the only person at the table who was able to inform players how much they could bet or raise in the 2-5 PLO game. The dealers sat down and immediately let us know they'd barely ever dealt PLO. Someone at the table always pointed to me and I told the dealer I'd be happy to assist them with the game. One of the dealers asked me if I was a dealer, and even the floor paused when asked for a decision, looked at me for my reponse, then proceeded to provide the table with the response I had given him.

So, it would be nice if it were one dealer to a table, but that wasn't the case, was it?

Also, I'm not making up the $6 card thing. The guy speaks terrible english so perhaps I misunderstood him, but i'm not exaggerating or fabricating what happened.

Whatever the case, if you do deal at Winstar, you just demonstrated what's wrong with the room. Myself, a player, came to this forum and posted in an honest and straightforward manner what I thought to be wrong with the room, and much of it has been confirmed by other posters. You strut in here with the attitude that my opinion is false and that you could care less about me not playing at Winstar, which, seems to be the general attitude towards players at your facility, and you offer no solution or possible resolution for the particular situation I'm speaking of, the outrageous rake.

I'm not here to tar and feather your poker room. I'm here to inform players that they're not getting what they deserve, in fact, they're getting ripped off, and they need to consider their position in this matter, and they need to know that over the long run, the inflated rake and pissant comps will have a huge impact on their financial position as a poker player, and they need to know that Winstar is not a good poker room, it's not even a mediocre poker room, it's the worst I've ever played at and I've played all over this country.

-Tex