View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Player has two cards different from deck in play, big pot.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think thats reasonable. Often the deck colours aren't that different and to notice it from across the table is pretty hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Since the person who SHOULD have noticed his cards were the wrong colour

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's putting too much on SB to expect him to have noticed this right away, especially given that he didn't see the deal. It's not like you've been looking at drab grey cards for 3 hours and suddenly a flourescent orange card shows up -- either of these card backs are equally likely to be in play and your mind would stop paying attention to the difference because it isn't significant.

I think accidentally noticing this requires that both card backs are nearly centered in your field of view at the same time. When SB is looking at his own cards it's unlikely any other cards are near the center of his field of view if even visible.

I actually think it's more likely someone across the table would notice. If anyone next to SB still has cards then someone across the table could see both backs at the same time, plus anyone across the table has to look over the muck.

Still given the whole table and dealer got to a showdown with no one noticing it goes a long way towards proving how subtle it is...

[ QUOTE ]

If you rule that the person with the wrong cards gets half the pot, thats opening a pretty big hole to be taken advantage of. That person can basically freeroll, playing aggressively and then when things go badly he can 'discover' his cards are wrong and get a portion of the pot.

I even like giving all of the money to the only other player left in the hand better than splitting it with the guy with the wrong cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that SB had the nuts and called the foul on himself it seems pretty clear he wasn't angle shooting. Still though agree he shouldn't benefit. But, why award the pot to MP? What if he was the only one who noticed the fouled hand and instead of saying anything just outwaited the rest of the "live" hands?

I think the hand needs to be "undone" and all bets (and rake...) returned.