View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: How did my advisor do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are being screwed. Read more here. Go with no-load index funds. Don't sell them again for the rest of your life until you need to and profit hugely.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's being screwed? He should read more here from poker players that bought an issue of Money at Safeway last week and now think they know more than certified financial advisors?

He should dump the good performance those advisors have given him so far in favor of the mediocre performance turned in by index funds?

OP, it sounds like your financial professionals have done well by you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is a level. I can't think of even one reason to consider any load funds. There are plenty of no-load funds with no fee to any salesperson that have great managers and identical performance to load funds... except for the fact that you save a bunch of money up front.

Yes, he should read more here, but more importantly, he should grab an intro book or two on investing (Investing for Dummies works, as does A Random Walk on Wall Street), and then judge for himself. It's definitely more beneficial than listening to the advice of someone who has an incentive to offer certain products just because that person gets paid for every product sold.

Cliff's notes: Index funds are probably the best answer over the long term. Load funds are *definitely* not the way to go.