View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Player has two cards different from deck in play, big pot.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All - is the entire hand's action reversed and refunded, or do the two players left in the hand split the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody (blinds, etc) gets their money back if the hand is voided due to a foul deck.

Splitting the pot rewards someone who plays on when he knows the deck is foul.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYONE could have known the deck was fouled....hence the convincing case for the second option. Normally I'd say all action has to be turned backwards but this is not a normal situation, its not like the villain has two A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in his hand from the same color deck. I wouldn't be shocked at either ruling, they both seem reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think thats reasonable. Often the deck colours aren't that different and to notice it from across the table is pretty hard. I'm rarely looking at a persons cards, if anything I'm looking at their face. Since the person who SHOULD have noticed his cards were the wrong colour influenced action I think its only fair that everybody gets their money back.

If you rule that the person with the wrong cards gets half the pot, thats opening a pretty big hole to be taken advantage of. That person can basically freeroll, playing aggressively and then when things go badly he can 'discover' his cards are wrong and get a portion of the pot.

I even like giving all of the money to the only other player left in the hand better than splitting it with the guy with the wrong cards.