View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Bernie is in \'The Well\'

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to post this myself, but thought you'd provide a good answer. At one of the places that I play it is common that the 1-1-2 and 2-3-5 big-spread limit (essentially no-limit) players will play 3-6 and 6-12 limit while waiting for a spread limit table to open up.

How can us primarily limit players take advantage of the no-limit tendencies/perspectives of these players when they are playing at our tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll usually play too many hands up front and go too far with them. Their views(whether concious or unconcious) on implied odds tend to be skewed a little. Of course, there are those that play both n/l and limit about the same bad way and don't really see much difference in it. Some don't differentiate.

Many won't really know how to protect their hands in limit. Which you'll hear them complain endlessly about. When they do complain like that, it's a good sign.

On a smaller note, some tend to play with more emotion in their play. So they'll bet 'harder' trying to make you fold to make up for not being able to put a bigger bet in to buy you out of the pot.

I think in one of Mason's Essay books he has some good stuff on the differences between the players you'd see in those games and places to look for in their play.

b