View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Bernie is in \'The Well\'

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one:

I'm told by many people that short-handed tables are very profitable. I've seen some of this myself, but I've also lost significantly in these situations.

What are the adjustments one needs to make to best capitalize on short-handed tables? Preflop adjustments, steals, and defending blinds especially, but also when to continue to showdown, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play alot of S/H, though I have dabbed into and studied it a little. So this won't be too extensive.

You have to be ready to play more hands in more marginal situations. Especially in the blinds.

Alot still depends on your opponents. For instance, live, many opponents suck at S/H so you can run them over a little more. They're just not used to adjusting aggression-wise from fullgame to short.

Online they'll call you down with bottom pair HU relentlessly. Not to mention play back at you much more. Live their range is usually alot narrower than online players. I think many ignore that and just treat both the same. So I guess paying attention to your opponents is a big one. Though I've also seen that in small stakes forum in fuller games. But the fewer players at the beginning of the hand the more you benefit from knowing their tendencies that much more.

Your variance is going to be higher on short tables which you have to be ready for. But you really have to be ready to roll up your sleeves and slug it out at times.

For more in depth stuff Stox has a great book for it(though you still have to remember you may not be playing against the same caliber of players he's referring to) Fromm has a great DVD on it. Not sure about the Short handed forum now, but I heard it used to be gold back when short handed was really starting to take hold.

b