View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: AA gets donked on drawy flop

This is a situation where it really would be helpful to have some read on villain. But since none was provided I would err on the side of caution because his line he is taking is really strong. By leading into two opponents, one of which is the preflop raiser, it looks like he is trying to build a big pot with either a big hand or a big draw. Him leading the flop would make sense with these holdings because he can trap dead money in by leading into the BB and hoping he calls as opposed to check raising the OP's bet which would most likely force the BB out of the hand. For this type of opponent, I'd say that the following range is likely (44-99, AsXs, 56s, 67s, 78s, 89s). I included 44, 88, and 99 in this players range just to include a few hands he may be making a move with. I didn't include all AsXs hands, but more like As8s, AsJs, AsQs, and AsKs. Anyway, if you agree with this range the OP's equity is only around 40%. So this looks like it would suggest that calling and reevaluating on the turn would be the best play. Calling could have the added benefit of freezing the SB up on the turn if he is in fact on a draw and misses. But if he is leading the turn again with a substantial bet I'm probably letting the Aces go.