View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Taking a Shot, How would you do it?

my roll is 25k---- was 30k but i just withdrew 5 for a new plasma tv and to help pay for a vacation to san diego---

I have a really good job and I play poker for supplemental income.

The last 3 months I have been making $50+ an hour 6 tabling nl50

the reason I don't play 100nl is b/c my winrate is not anywhere near half my winrate at 50nl--- its not that I can't beat 100nl, just not for as much, so why play harder games with more variance for less then what i'm already making

the reason i'm going to try and take a shot at 200nl or 400nl is I think at these limits I can have a better hourly rate then the one I currently have--- maybe as much as double

3 years ago when I wasn't very good, after my first big downswing at 1000nl and 600nl I cashed out 30k to buy a car and then with the remaining $ tried grinding out 400nl---- I had a 12k downswing ( 30 buy-ins) and i've probably logged less then 15k hands at 400nl since. during college I really didn't care about $ and risks as much--- now that I work hard for my $ I would never play a level I couldn't beat just to gamble it up.

I just think I owe it to myself to see if I can beat 200nl and 400nl for a month or so--- just b/c I think i have the opportunity to make a lot more $ there, although I would never expect my winrates to be the same as nl50.