View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: RAZZ - PStars weird 4th street call

[ QUOTE ]
It means if you have (85)J and the villain has perfect hole cards with (A2)K that you have 54.7% equity in the pot in an all-in simulation, or IOW the best hand. You however do not have a monster or a hand where you're trying to suck in the villain to play with you by slowplaying 3rd. Villain's range here is very polarized and he either has trash or a hand only slightly worse than yours almost 100% of the time. If you want to try out different lines for this game and find out for yourself which are strategically sound, then please do and report back to us with your findings. If you want to ask advice of experienced players/posters in order to improve your game, you may have to consider the possibility that they are occasionally right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the explanation SG. You know, I always appreciate the time and effort it takes to post answers here. And I am entirely aware that you and JB and others are vastly more experienced than I am. But some people learn best by discussion and dialogue.

I do know the most important question anyone ever asks of a teacher is: how do you know?

I searched all of your Razz posts and TTs and read every one weeks ago. I made notes on many, followed links, did my homework.

But I think seminar, not lecture hall. I'm sorry you think that isn't sufficiently respectful. It is not my intention to appear to discount what people say. This is just how I learn. It's how a lot of people learn, like lurkers who haven't the personality to just come out and argue with the "professors." I do.