View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: 20/180 Play along. Pair and flush draw on flop facing lots of action

I've been mulling this one over for a few minutes, and here are my thoughts:

Our goal should be to get as much of your stack into the pot as possible on that flop

That being said, leading out creates an interesting issue in the fact that if we are smooth called (which will happen often) and blank the turn, we are then playing pot odds and pot control instead of maximizing EV on our hand... I mean, if we bet the flop and get smooth called, what do we do on a blank turn? It kind of feels, strangely, like we're going to be wasting chips by leading out as I think the % we get smooth called is much higher than the % we get reraised

With no reads at all at the table, I think I'm going to check here, with the intentions of check-raising to 1200 or so

If he calls your check raise, you have the perfect stack size to possible push any turn and sitll have fold equity whereas your opponent *shouldn't* be calling without a big hand

IDK, I feel as if I'm off here, but for some reason I really think checking is better than leading