View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: RAZZ - PStars weird 4th street call

[ QUOTE ]

OK, let me ask you, when it's folded around to the player on your right who has a card better than yours and they raise, don't you think it's about 90% steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? When I'm showing a King? If I'm showing a King, I figure that probably about 2/3 of the time, he's got a better hand and better odds to win than I do. Even if I've got two wheel cards. So maybe 1/3 steal, 2/3 value bet.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think they always have two good cards underneath? Do you think a lot of the time they might have junk? If I just call, I say I want to play. If I want to play, I must have good cards underneath. If he believes that going into the hand, doesn't that mean he is likely to fold in a toss-up situation later?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you want to play shows that you don't really get it with this hand. You shouldn't want to play this hand. You should want him to fold on 3rd street, even if you have (A-2)-J.

Also, I think that the majority of decent Razz players will read your 3rd street limp as weakness, not as strength. To me, it means you have a hand that can't stand up to a reraise.