View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: *ATTN Winstar Players*

Quite frankly the Winstar poker room is the biggest [censored] joke on the planet. They basically have a monopoly on the Dallas market and now you can see the reason for antitrust laws. I have so many many example of the incompetence of Winstar that I could write a 10 page post.

I played all this weekend. The only game I played was 10/25NL. I played it full. I played it HU. I played it 3 handed. The dealers were absolutely horrible. One dealer failed to recognize that 65 beats 95 on a JJ652 board. She insisted on pushing the pot to 95 and even called the floor when we all insisted that a pair of 6s beats a pair of 5s. I am not making this up.

Another dealer tried to push a 4kish pot to 98 high despite the winner tabling a pair. Another dealer prematurely dealt a card, in a big pot, TWICE in one down. This is in a [censored] 10/25NL game. When I requested that we pay time in the game while short, it was refused. When I requested a rake reduction below $3 while HU, it was refused. When I requested they stop stealing $1 from us every hand while shorthanded they refused.

Another huge problem is the inconsistency of floor decisions. I had have had floors make 4-5 different rulings on the exact same issue. My buddy once had the floor make a blatantly wrong ruling in a 5/10NL game. I was out of a hand and sweating him and I told the floor that I was 100% sure he was blatantly wrong. They called another floor over. That other floor also made the same ruling. My friend and I were completely adamant they were just wrong. Obviously the floor responds gruffly that his ruling is final. THIRTY minutes later the shift manager tells my friend that they checked the rulebook and we are actually right. Another dealer I retold this story to said; "They have a rulebook??" Will they compensate him for their mistake? Yea right...

About 3 weeks ago I played a $10K pot in the 10/25 game. We got it all on the flop and BOTH my opponent and I wanted to run it twice. The floor said it was not allowed. That was the first time in my life any cardroom I have ever played in the entire world refused to accomodate this request in a bigger game. They wouldn't even "unofficially" flash us the 2nd turn and river so this player and I could do business on the side.

I could tell more stories but you get the jist of all this. Winstar is a fine place to play lower limits I guess. But for the bigger action they claim the desire to attract, they are wholly incompetent and completely lacking integrity. It's kangaroo country up north.

P.S. I am sure we can get 2+2 moderator ZBTHorton to make a sidenote about the infamous blind structure debacle from the Red River Roundup yesterday.