View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Fire Again? Blind battle at NL25

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with Peleus, you are wasting money on agressivelly defending your blinds at this level. If he had nothing he'd have folded pf anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villains get strange in blind battles and usually open up their ranges. So if Villain has a weak hand preflop, he doesn't automatically muck it to a 3bet.

I don't think this is a waste of money, I would do the same thing. Playing ABC poker at NL25 is optimal, but I agree with CalledDownLight that this is a situation that most would avoid but can definitely be profitable. Most likely, villain is looking to take down the quarter and move on, as shown by his min raise. A4s is ahead of a large part of villains range here which warrants a 3bet, especially since if he calls as he did, we will be playing the hand in position. The donk bet and instacall appears to be a draw IMO. The problem is, can you get a typical NL25 villain off his draw. I don't think we can justify a check here by not wanting to lose 100+BB just to defend 1BB. We can't look back to preflop action to justify a weak play on the turn. I'm firing another bullet here.