View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Taking a Shot, How would you do it?

This is a strange spot, since I am an ubernit when it comes to bankroll management. Many of you may know my story, many of you may not. Anyways--- I am a 50nl player that has been grinding out the 50nl game since really October of last year. After neteller gave me my $ back my poker BR kind of got way too big for me not to consider taking a "shot".

Any given month--- playing 20 hours a week I would say my expected earning lie between 2-4k depending on how I run.

However, My bankroll is super bloated now, and I have beat much bigger games in the past, but am not as risk tolerant as I used to be.

I have decided to take a 5K shot--- Meaning a 5k stoploss on moving up--- I'm obviously skipping 100nl. So if you had 5k, how would you move up--- would you just jump to 200nl and grind it out there--- or since I am taking a shot, would you say put 5 bi in 400nl and see how it goes and then that way if I lose that I still have 10 bi left behind to try 200nl. Im confident these games are much tougher then when I beat them, but im also pretty confident I can still beat them.

Note: remember this is a "shot"--- 5k is ~20% of my current Bankroll.

Any thoughts/ advice are appreciated and welcome.