View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: RAZZ - PStars weird 4th street call

[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise on 3rd when I enter a hand, but in this case, I didn't want Seat 3 to think I was trying a steal. IOW, in this case just calling represents a stronger hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a much better better example of fancy play syndrome than anything that has appeared in this forum recently.

[ QUOTE ]
When he bet, I was pretty sure he didn't have any kind of hand in the hole, and even if he did, by the river it is doubtful the K or Q will play. As the bring-in, he can have anything in the hole. I still very likely have either the best or an equal hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Prax, you're trying to put some kind of level 4 play on level 1 opponents. In their minds, if you complete you're probably FOS and weak in the hole, but if you limp you're definitely weak. If you limp 3rd and check 4th, you will certainly induce a bet when the bring-in catches decent, but you're in no position to take advantage of it since you have terrible RIO, a terrible board, and you did nothing to make him define his hand. You very likely are a big favorite, a big dog, or a coin flip.