View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Can/should I fold this HU deep?

Ok, so I haven't played much HU and have moved down in limits to practice. Never played this particular Villain before. Fwiw he's running at 50/33/1.71 over 300 hands and seems reasonable. He's shown me a couple of good bluffs and is by no means an idiot even though he's passive HU. Will rarely lay down top pair, but won't go crazy with it either.

Now, what makes this decision anything but trivial is the fact that we're deep. He's been getting the better of this match so far and I'm deep after winning a few stacks of some other guy. We've been 3-betting each other quite a bit and he's shown that he can call a 3-bet with a wide range.

To the hand.... 2/4$. Sorry no converter.

Hero BB: 1264$
Villain Sb: 1312$

Preflop: Villain raises to 12$, Hero reraises to 48$ with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villain calls.

Flop (pot: 96): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 80$, Villain calls

Turn (pot: 256): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets 184$, Villain goes all in for 1000$ more!!

He hasn't seen me double barrel in 3-bet pots and should think that I'm strong here. My turn bet might be a little small for some of you, but it's consistent with my game and shouldn't make him move on me. What to do? It's a whole lot of BBs??