View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Can I fold top pair if it\'s really low?

Cheb,

I'm not that violent, lol, and honestly, I save my "pussy" comments for players who ask if AK is a good fold preflop (or like 99 off the button) with ridiculously low Ms or in situations where they basically took a bad beat or didn't want to bubble. And they deserve it and need to hear something to that affect. However, my last FTP chat ban has made me see the light and I want to be more civil in my commentary.

First, your pot size is incorrect on the flop. Secondly, SB's raise, given stacks, is sickeningly suspect and a fold here isn't out of question. Yes, you are putting 400 into a big pot, but stack sizes dictate that you're either: 1. going to face a big bet on the flop (you're not seeing a free turn here often); 2. you could wind up trapping yourself against a better hand on the flop.

SB's bet of 400 is equally suspect, but at this point, you could be up against a miserably played AK/AQ/KQ/AJ that you are ahead of. If you are behind, well, you have outs. You need to just get it in. RR to 2200, fold if MP RRs, try to get it in against SB.

Barry