View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: 5 rebuy pf spot vs. Roothlus

I was thinking about this hand today and thought that re-raising was probably the right move. My reasoning is that we are out of the rebuy period and play generally tightens up at this point as peoples tournament lives are now at risk. I have never played against roothlus but I have heard he is a good player so he could be re-raising us with a wider range of hands than what betgo said. Maybe something like 77 plus AJs plus. (foreign keyboard) If we put in the third raise it represents a big hand something like AA KK or QQ, which means he is probably folding everything up to and sometimes including QQ, and AQ. Even if he does have AK and flat calls our third raise and an ace or K flops he may not call a shove and be willing to cripple himself with top pair. Plus alot of the time Aces or K arnt going to flop and we can most of the time either take it away on the flop or check behind on the flop and try to take it away on the turn. I do like betgos line of just shoving but I thought stack sizes might be to big for that. Thoughts?