View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: PLO preflop strategy

Well, your tourney results are definitely better than mine, so what can I say? I do have some questions and comments, though.

I've been playing somewhat similarly in medium stack, although I suspect significantly tighter. I definitely play all the premium hands you mentioned as well as just about any wrap with full extension. QQ and KK I also like to see the flop with, but I can fold those, too, depending on quality of hand and table texture.

If I'm either deep or short, I do raise a lot more than AA, however. Short, I'll look for double-up opportunities with just decent ds (like AQ85ds to A and Q comes to mind as one in a recent tourney that I pushed PF from short-stack) or of course any AA or also strongish KK.

Deep, I'll do somewhat the same thing against shorties that don't hurt me much. I try to play very solid against other deep stacks, though.

I guess my main question is how you survive short-stack situations if you're only willing to push AA. I mean, that's certainly great for double-up attempts, but you often have to wait a good while for it.

Anyhow, short, I try to play Rolfishly to the extent that I've digested his book. Medium actually somewhat rolfishly, too. And deep is kind of a combo, but I don't think I play quite as loose as you do in deep stack.