View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 10/25 Borgata, bluffed out for 6k :( :(

linky

"I have played poker for 5 years. Up until May of this year it was just for fun once in a while. Once May came around I started heading down to Atlantic City each weekend. Every weekend it seemed like I was making hundreds at the 1-2 game. I had won a few tournaments as well.

Fast forward to this past July. I entered the nightly 100K on Pokerstars and got first for around 28K. This was the bankroll boost that I needed. Since then I moved up in games. I won a few more thousand playing 2-5, 5-10, even some 10-20. I was pushing a 45K roll this past Sunday. Then all hell broke lose. I sat in 10-20 Monday and in 2 hours I lost 6 thousand dollars. 3 of them all in preflop with AA againt 99. Obviously, this happens and it didn't piss me off that much, but then something happened, I kept losing. I was playing scared money, and we all know scared = dead. Yesterday I deposited 2k and played some 5-10. I went up a quick 1100 in my morning session. That night I got greedy again and played some 10-20. I ended up going broke in a timespan of an hour. I was sick. I had just lost 8K in 2 days. Last night my friend staked me to play in the nightly hundred K. I finished in the money for a $200 dollar net win. Nothing special. The thing that sucks is that I lost another race with a PP against AQ.

I just deposited 500 into my account. I'm going to move back down to 3-6 and get my game back. I've never had a bad swing like this, and need some advice on how to handle it psychologically. Thanks guys."

i'm gonna give you some serious advice: stop playing this high, you're not good enough. the only game you've had any experience of beating is live 1-2, and now you jump into 10-25? (not to mention also playing 10-20 online, which is way tougher than live 10-25.) furthermore, your bankroll is too small. bottom line, quit playing these stakes, go down to 2-5 and make sure you can beat that first. or keep playing 10-25 if you feel like busting your 30k roll or whatever it is.