View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: My biggest weakness at Turbo HUSNG

My biggest weakness is getting chips in good against these sorts of players and having my hand not hold up.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But, I think Primordial has got it.

Double-barrel practically never, but be willing to value bet *SUPER* thin, where a good middle pair is often enough for bets on all three streets.

If you're at all confident you're hand's good, though, you can get more than 1/3 or 1/4 pot on each street. My standard bet is 2/3 pot, and I get called on three streets with ace-high on a semi-regular basis against these *really* bad players.

Fortunately, most of them seem to be fairly passive preflop too. I haven't run into many players with really, really bad sharkscope stats that is ultra donk-agressive. Those players tend to be a little higher than the targets I'm looking for, I think, just because so many people play poorly against superdonkagrrofreaks.

Another thing to keep in mind: I don't think you're likely to ever end up with a monster winrate against these sorts of players, because they play to the river too often, which ends up up evening out hands so that they resemble preflop percentages much more, where there just aren't that many situations where you're a *huge* favorite.

They pay you off when you have a made hand, but you end up paying them off more than you would a more solid player as well, because as you're value betting into their two pair, most of them are still just calling. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]