View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Villain gives up the lead

I agree with brettbrettr. I like a turn check. After that, I probably call the river provided the bet isn't too big, hoping to see JJ or something.

If you had AK and Villain led again, well, that's tougher. I would probably call again, but I'm not going to be happy if Villain then proceeds to push the river. I don't really know what's best. It feels like you should have the best hand a decent chunk of the time versus a worse king or even KcXc, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of playing TPTK for stacks when my sketchy read on my opponent is that he's a rock. So I guess maybe you should actually fold? The limit player in me hates that idea, but it might be best.

I think a turn bet of, say, $30 from Villain that's an implied bet of $85 simply isn't easy to deal with in this spot. I mean, we want to show down for $30 more but not for $85, and we don't know which it's going to be.

Edit: FWIW, the gutshot outs you would have just picked up with AK do help a little, but I still think it's a tough spot.