View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Help me choose 4 cities to live next year

Chicago and Indianapolis (where I've spent most of my life) are both highly highly recommended.

Chicago is obviously large beautiful city with plenty of sports year round. Great museums and parks, out of control amazing food (perhaps the best in the country) and a moderate climate for 9-10 months of the year (I recommend the fall or spring for chicago, but really anything but January and Febuary would be fine).

Indianapolis is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. It's got it's fair share of professional sports and recreation, along with the big city vibe and the small town feel (what I mean by that is... you can literally drive downtown, in the middle of rush hour, without traffic- in contrast to chicago or other big cities where you can't get to a concert or somewhere to eat without delays). Indianapolis is primarily a suburban city, and if you need recommendations on where to live, let me know.

I consider myself very well travelled for a 20 year old but am obviously partial to the places that I grew up.