View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Ruling question, never seen this before

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, in RR's market, apparently people are crazy and will dive after the muck. I've had someone reach for the stub and/or muck exactly once. I'm with youtalkfunny... in fact, I was trained to put the cut card on top of the stub when done dealing, precisely to protect the deck when there's an error. And yeah, I've mistakinly thought the turn was the river on multiple occasions, as well as missed the last card in stud (last night, as a matter of fact). Usually I notice my mistake right away and pull the stub right back up with the players being none the wiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they don't where I am now, but I have dealt in LA. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I once had a player say "I want to see all hands" the player in the one seat didn't want to show so he twisted my thumb backwards until I let go of the muck and then complained to the floor when I pulled his cards out of the muck to show them. It is pretty common in higher limit games when a players wants to see what was coming that they just reach out and look if the dealer hasn't gotten rid of the stub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? Did he get a beating from security? I'd hope something semi-serious would happen to somebody that would do that to a dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, nothing happened. Assaulting the dealer isn't considered that big of an offense in some places.