View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Am I a scumbag, B&M?

Yeah, you tell the guy, whether he's a douche or not. If you play around the same people a lot (I do), it's a good thing to have people know you as a straight shooter. Players who try to squeeze every angle create problems for themselves.

Recent case in point. We play in a private game in Margate, no rake $1 per chair per hour, dealer tokes are the only overhead besides that. Mixed game and there's a lot of dealer choice.

Lately we've had a couple of players from Philly, fairly well off for the 5-10 stakes we play, very bad but friendly and don't mind losing a little to good company. They take too long to act, the drink a little, and I doubt they care about the money much at all. The worst I ever see from them is maybe a little muttering when they fold and the flop comes with two tens and they clearly had one.

One of our regulars, decent enough for our group but nothing special, used to totally tap the tank with these guys. The Philly guys are donating plenty, and this douchebag gave them loads of crap when his semi-bluffed draw gets called by TPWK (these guys tend not to fold anyway).

Recently there was an incident regarding a couple angleshoots by this guy against the Philly guys, one with him rubbernecking and then calling it "fair game" (etc), in both cases over relatively minor pots. Finally, the rest of us got fed up an told him not to come back to the game.

This case the guy cost himself a great game just for light angles. People don't want to play with a-holes and guys they can't trust.

Edit: Or, basically what steamboat said before me