View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:56 PM

Default UPDATE on the bed situation

All,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave their input. An even bigger thanks goes out to Kneel B4 Zod, who directed me towards this website:

[ QUOTE ]
see this thread on fatwallet discussing this bed and the current sale.

I went with the consensus and bought a Queen plush bed + separate featherbed for $750 delivered. I haven't received it yet, but I think this should be a great deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folks, this deal is amazing, and I strongly suggest you should check it out before the sale ends. I ended up getting a full pillowtop Heavenly Bed for $561 delivered. Before I actually bought it, I printed out the details and went to Sleepy's, just to make sure it was as comfortable as I remembered. Sure enough, they had the bed, and it retailed for close to $1200 (the salesman gave me a 'deal' and brought it down to $750). More importantly, he also told me that if I could find it cheaper anywhere else, they'd match the price and take an additional 20% off. "O RLY? Well suck on this" as I showed him the $561 bill.

He looked in over carefully, and told me he couldn't make the exchange because the version of the Heavenly Bed that Sleepy's sells is an upgrade from the $561 bed I showed him (660 coils compaired to upgraded 800 coils). I told him thanks, but no thanks -- I'll stick with the $561 version.

"Well hold on, hold on. Let me call up Sleepy's inventory and see if we can find a comparable bed."

LOL, nice. After a 5 minutes phone conversation, they tell him they don't have that bed in stock anymore (it's discontinued), so they told him to give me the upgraded bed at the same price. Awesome. The salesman looked like he wanted to slug me in the face.

Anyway, it was delivered the next day. I spent my first night on it last night, and it truly lives up to it's name. Even better, I was lucky enough to test it out last night with this girl I'm semi-dating. It's sturdy. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Thanks again.