View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

[ QUOTE ]
I've recently come to another crossroads in my life where I have decided I am no longer going to be the guy who goes out and picks up women. I want to be the guy who finds the right girl and try and start a relationship. I have said this sort of thing before but now I am more serious than ever after my actions the other night.

[/ QUOTE ]

X-Factor,

Interesting post. I was thinking of doing a relationship one myself but yours is good so I'll add my 2 cents.

First, sometimes I think you set yourself up to be unhappy or bitter. If you want a real relationship, why chase after married women? If you say you weren't chasing after her, that you just wanted some booty, well ok I guess I believe that, but do you see what you did? You took a booty call and started to make it into a judgment call on women in general, and their moral character, and now you don't "trust" women. And that's sort of understandable. If I were to carry on an affair with a married guy who was lying and sneakin around his wife's back, I'd probably start to wonder about guys and conclude that ALL guys were capable of this behavior. And that would be my own damn fault cuz I would have done it to myself. So stop doing that to yourself.

I often doubt the whole marriage thing. It seems pretty pointless and wrought with difficulty and unmet expectations. Hell, in the past 2 years I've met so many unhappy married people that it's ridiculous. Men and women are bored or disgusted with their mates. Some are just flat out exhausted.

An entire life with one person? yikes. I'm very cynical about the entire thing. Relationships, on the other hand, are very sweet and definitely worth the trouble.